Stage 4 Solutions’ Collaboration with AWS re/Start
We are proud to collaborate with Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the US to address the skills gap for entry to mid-level cloud resources.
Stage 4 Solutions’ Involvement in AWS re/Start:
Stage 4 Solutions collaborates with the AWS re/Start team to place job-ready AWS Cloud Practitioner-certified graduates, playing an instrumental role in ensuring that graduates are able to use their new skills and knowledge in a meaningful way, by connecting them to employers who need the right talent for their entry to mid-level cloud needs.
About AWS re/Start:
AWS re/Start is a cohort-based workforce development training program designed to prepare individuals for cloud-based careers and connect them with potential employers, regardless of their previous technology experience. This program is free of charge for learners and focuses on empowering support for underrepresented groups, minorities, displaced individuals, and young people who are unemployed or underemployed to launch a new cloud career. By providing a blend of coursework and hands-on labs that simulate real-world scenarios, AWS re/Start equips learners with the technical skills they need to excel in entry to mid-level cloud roles.
Value: Addressing the National Cloud Skills Gap:
The World Economic Forum estimates that by 2025, half of the global workforce will need reskilling, and 97 million new roles will emerge because of digitization. LinkedIn’s analysis uncovered cloud computing as one of the most in-demand skills in 2023.
Together, Stage 4 Solutions and AWS re/Start aim to address this skills gap by expanding an inclusive pipeline of job-ready cloud talent. We understand that finding qualified talent can be time-consuming and costly. Through this collaboration, we ensure that the skilled resources can seamlessly join our clients’ teams and immediately start delivering value.
Commitment to Diversity:
At Stage 4 Solutions, we strive to accelerate careers, organizations, and communities. Diversity is a fundamental component of our mission and is deeply embedded in our company culture. We are passionate about helping our clients become successful and employees build rewarding careers, and we believe that “diversity” plays a significant role in achieving this goal. Through our collaboration with AWS re/Start initiative, we not only aim to contribute to our clients’ success but also to a diverse and inclusive workforce across the technology domain. We are thrilled to be part of this journey and eager to see the impact of this partnership nationwide.
Sample Roles for Commonly Available Entry-Level AWS Skills:
- Technical Support: IT Support Specialists, Service/Help Desk Analysts, Support Engineers, TechOps Specialists, Support Analysts
- Network Infrastructure: Systems Specialists, Server Administrators, Junior Network Support Engineers, System Engineers, ETL Engineers, Network Administrators, Network Technicians
- Cloud: Cloud Support Specialists, Cloud Analysts, Cloud Engineers, Cloud Business Systems Analysts, Cloud Operations Support Analysts
- Security: Cloud Security Administrators, Cloud Security Analysts, Incident Response Analysts
- Project Management: Program/Project Assistants, Program/Project Managers, Process Engineers, Client Success Managers
- Analysis: Project/Program Analysts, Application, Operations Analysts